When creating redirects, you will want to make sure that each redirect you set actually works properly.
Redirecting from the source page will do the trick - sometimes checking multiple redirects takes time. That's why we included a simple button that will let you know the status of your redirect without you having to type in URLs.
How to quickly check a redirect?
- Go to Settings -> 301 Redirects
- Open the first tab, labeled "Redirect Rules"
- From the list, choose a redirect rule you would like to test
- On the far right side of the screen, find "Actions"
- Click on the second icon (Shielded checkmark)
A new popup window will appear, showing you details about a redirect:
- URL: http://yourdomain.com/example
- Result: URL is being redirected to http://yourdomain.com/new-example
- Status Message: moved permanently
- Status: 301
Please note that this test will not work on localhosts.